//2015 Starboard Atom IQ 130lt AST and Tushingham Bolt rig - freeride - freemove
Bolt Sail; SDM C45 mast; Tushingham Boom , uphaul and mast base and extension if needed
The Atom IQs
are Starboard’s slim and thin freeride boards with the widest wind-range.Exciting and fast in the straight line yet highly maneouverable and aggressive with a widest wind-range and control. Efficient in light winds like a wide board 15lts bigger, as maneouverable as aboard 15lts smaller and with the right tuning, you get a wind range that covers three classic freeride boards. Very thin rails and profile combined with the compact and wide outline give the Atom IQs their sporty and comfortable character with aggressive and easy jibes and a lively planing.Available in Tufskin AST construction, with the Atom IQ 160 Tufskin Windsurf version featuring an extra center fin box. Fitting this optional center fin gives the Atom IQ 160 extra upwind traction for progressing riders.
The Bolt Rig
A sail range that changes in style and configuration as it increases in size but a classic bump and jump allround freeride sail that can still be used in waves on those lighter wind days.Smooth power delivery and lightweight manoeuvrable feel.
(1) Atom IQ 120, available in Tufskin
(2) Wide and compact outline for quick planing and maneuverability
(3) The original ultra-slim board with a huge wind range
(4) Thin rails but aggressively shaped with a hard edge account for an exciting jibe with lots of grip and speed
(5) 2014 PlancheMagazine (France) Testers' Pick -
(1) Flat Vee from nose to tail for a reactive and fast ride. Slightly more Vee in the front than the tail sharpens up the turn-in reaction of the board when entering a jibe
(2) Fast rocker from the iSonic 110 has a long flat under the standing area for quick accelerations and early planing efficiency
(3) Cut-aways allow for a crispier fin grip on wider wetted-surface areas and reducing drag for a high top-end speed with less drag
(4) Equipped with smaller fins than traditional boards for more maneuverability and high-wind control. Purchasing an additional fin will greatly boost bottom end performance in lighter winds