Airush Razor 2016 - "THE 2016 AIRUSH RAZOR KEEPS THE DEDICATED C-KITE FEEL AND PERFORMANCE THAT WAKESTYLE AND FREESTYLE RIDERS LOOK FOR. "
Sizes 5.5m ; 7m ; 9m ; 11m ; 13m ; 15m
• Precision, Stability and Steering.
• Perfect unhooked performance.
The 2016 Airush Razor keeps the dedicated C-Kite feel and performance that wakestyle and freestyle riders demand. Working closely with World Champion Alex Pastor they focused on increasing the performance characteristics, specifically pop, unhooked ability and kite looping. The Razor has great range, along with comfort for everyday freestyle riders.
The next generation Aramid Load Frame takes the biggest innovation in kite construction to a whole new level and is combined with the Technoforce D2 by Teijin, for the ultimate combination of durability and lightweight performance.
Considering size specific changes for 2016, the 5.5 m has been refined to add better stability and gust response by lowering aspect ratio and increasing profile depth. A new 15m size has been added, this extra large size has been tweaked to have lower weight by optimizing the size of the reinforcement panels and the LE diameter to make it feel like a smaller kite.
The 5th line allows for a simple, safe and effective support system. Ideal for a thinner leading edge and a C-shape arc.
the kite ships with a pump - but does not ship with bar and lines these can be added in the options when ordering.
DYNEEMA LOAD FRAME.
This tech has been with Airush for 3 years now in various forms, but this year we'll see it rolled out right the way through the entire range. It's expensive - but it works - and Airush now have 3 years of proof to back it up. Put simply - it's a dyneema lattice placed on the canopy of the kite, after construction, that marks out a full structural framework to take the load of the kite instead of relying on the canopy cloth. Cloth that is Technofibre D2 - the most expensive and proven cloth in the industry, so unequivocally this IS the strongest canopy construction in the industry right now..
- No front to back splits - ever. At The Kitesurf Centre down in Kent (along with a lot of other testbeds the world over) we had a 9m kite with this technology on and in 250 hours of school use, day in, day out, not once did the canopy rip front to back. In three years we have not seen one kite with the load frame breach this reinforcement. You can tear a section inbetween if you pierce it, but though the dyneema - not possible without a very sharp knife.
- The kite is stiffer - which means more accurate handling, for the frame keeps the kite inside it's design parameters of load and stretch during aggressive movements.
- The kite doesn't suffer from long term stretch - Normal kites bag out very quickly, and this happens with even the highest cloth grades, it's alarming in spped and scope on the cheaper grades, believe me... within 5 uses depending on the cloth. The kite you buy is not the same kite that you bought 6 months earlier - Teijn is very good at not stretching, but it still stretches a lot through the life of the kite. Check out the images below for an accurate and true representation of the physical difference this technology makes.
Choose your kite - pay the money, and be assured that the kite you buy is the same kite you ride a year from now. It's a unique and brilliant technology.
Made of tough Zytel material for high strength and resistance to abrasion and impact, the Airush Pulley has the pigtails hole directionally correct to eliminate bridle wear. With a breaking strength of 550 kg, the Airush pulley was designed specifically for use on all Airush kites.
LEADING EDGE SEAM
A Leading Edge connection seam with a slick 19mm soft webbing reinforcement to handle harder crashes. Increased mark cloth sections at the front of all canopy seams at the leading edge to stop stitching and seam wear points.
Airush Smart Bar 5 2016
- 18mm Ultra skinny grip
– Heavy duty flying lines
– Compact Strap Design with Short bar throw.
Airush completely redesigned the control bar from the ground up working closely with Alex Pastor and their Pro Team. The key philosophy was to create the absolute minimalist bar that focuses purely on function and bombproof durability.
They have further reduced the diameter of the Bar for 2016, enabling the rider to maintain a solid grip through the most power moves and landings. Additional features include heavy-duty flying lines, larger chicken loop and a shorter throw with a functional strap system and custom size adjustment.